You will need the following tools to assemble your new Classic Adirondack Chair:
- Hex Key - included in your shipment
- 7/16" (19mm) ratchet or wrench
- 1/2" (13mm) ratchet or wrench
Carefully unpack your new chair. You should have 5 partially assembled pieces and 6 pieces of stainless steel hardware with washers and nuts , 2 screws and 2 large spacer washers.
- Set the leg frame upright with the finished bottom facing forward and the curve at the top facing backwards, apply sticky nylon washer inside leg, then slip the seat in place and line up the holes.
- Leaving 1 washer on the 5/16""(8mm) by 2½"(63mm) bolt slip it through both holes and add the second washer and nut on the other side. You will need to hold the bolt with the supplied hex wrench to keep it from spinning while tightening the nut. Do not tighten it tight yet.
STEP 2 - ADDING ARMS
- Leaving the medium washer on the 5/16"(8mm) by 2½"(63mm) bolt, slip it through the top hole from the inside of the leg.
- Add the largest washer (in between the leg and the arm block), then slip the arm on, placing the last small washer and nut inside the arm holding block. Be sure to line up Arm A with Leg A and B with B. You will need to hold the bolt with the supplied hex key to keep it from spinning while tightening the nut. Because this nut is inset we recommend using a ½" (13mm) socket.
STEP 3 - ADDING BACK
NOTE: Be sure to turn the locking blocks at the base of the seat inward so that the back can slip into place. Once in place lock down the back by turning locking blocks back to closed position.
- Attach the back by using the ¼"(6mm) by 6"(152mm) lag screw. Leaving the small washer on the lag, slip it inside the back of the arm from the outside then place the 2 medium washers in between the arm and the back frame and screw into place. Snug not tight.
STEP 4 - FINAL TIGHTENING
- Go back and tighten nuts snuggly, but not too tight. The chair will not fold properly if the nuts are too tight.
- Sit back and enjoy!
Packed with your chair there are two 3" (76mm) screws. They are used if you want to permanently lock down your chair.
Important: Do not try to fold your chair if you decide to put the 3" screws in.
Your Classic Adirondack Chair is now ready to use and enjoy!
If you have any questions regarding assembly, please call our toll free number 1-800-418-1433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.