For your convenience, our Rocking chair is shipped 80% pre-assembled. The following instructions will help you to easily complete the final assembly steps.
PREPARE FOR CHAIR ASSEMBLY
You will need the following tools to assemble your new chair:
- 3/16" (19mm) hex key (included in your shipment)
- Square Screwdriver
- 7/16" (11mm) ratchet or wrench
- 1/2" (13mm) ratchet or wrench
Carefully unpack your new chair. You will have 9 partially assembled pieces:
- Assembled back
- Assembled seat,
- 2 arms
- 2 legs
- 1 front piece, and
- 2 "lock" arms with screws & 2 sticky back washers
- Two 5/16" (8mm) x 2½" (63mm) bolts with 4 washers & 2 nuts
- Two 5/16" (8mm) x 2 1/2" (63mm) bolts with 6 washers & 2 nuts
- Two 1/4" (6mm) x 6" (152mm) lag screws with 6 washers
- Eight 2" (50mm) screws and 4 extra 5/16" ( 8mm) nuts
- Lay out the legs beside the seat as in photo 1A.
- Match A to A and B to B (put sticky washer (you will find these packed with the L shaped locking blocks) on inside leg first as in photo 1B).
- Leaving 1 washer on the 5/16"(8mm) by 2½" (63mm) bolt (the one with 2 washers) slip it through both holes (1B) and add the second washer and nut on the other side.
- (1C) You will need to hold the bolt with the hex wrench to keep it from spinning while tightening the nut. Do not tighten it tight just yet.
Please note: That though we recommend using the nut with nylon bushing attached throughout the assembly, if you are having difficulty with them you can use the extra 5/16" nuts included in your bolt package.
We also recommend you clean the bolt tread with a rag after it is inset. Also, to prevent the nut from going cross tread it is recommended you oil the nuts slightly before tightening in place. You can use WD40 or any household oil so that the nut treads smoothly and tightly. Repeat the cleaning and oiling in steps 2 and 3.
- Turn the legs so they are standing upright then screw down the front curved brace with the 8 x 2" (50mm) screws Matching A with A and B with B making sure the arrows are pointing in the same direction.
Please note: That it is important to use a level assembly area and that legs should be flat with floor before screwing in the front piece.
- The two arms are added next.
- Leaving the medium washer on the 5/16"(8mm) by 2½" (63mm) bolt, slip it through the inside (3-B) of the leg from the inside.
- Add the largest washer, then slip the arm on placing the last small washer and nut inside the grooved area.
- Be sure to line up arm A with leg A and B with B.
- You will need to hold the bolt with hex key (provided) to keep it from spinning while tightening the nut.
- Because this nut is inset we recommend using a ½" (13mm) ratchet socket.
- Attach the back by using the ¼" (6mm) by 6"(152mm) lag screw.
- Leaving the small washer on the lag slip it inside the back of the arm from the outside, then place the 2 medium washers in between the arm and the middle back frame piece and screw into place. Screw snug, not tight.
- The small L shaped blocks are the locks for the chair back. Match A with A and B with B.
- Place the large screw inside the pre-drilled hole on the top of the locking arm, place 1 medium washer in between the locking arm and the frame then screw down snugly (not too tight).
Optional: Packed with your locking blocks there are two 2 ½" (63mm) screws. They are used if you want to permanently lock down your chair.
Important: Do not try to fold your chair if you decide to put the 2½" (63mm) screws in. To fold the chair you will have to remove the 2½" (63mm) screws.
- Go back and tighten nuts snugly but not too tight. Chair will not fold properly if the nuts are too tight.
PREPARE FOR ROCKER INSTALLATION
After assembling your chair then unpack the two rocker sides.
- Line up Rocker sides matching A and B side and insert 5/16” x 2½” bolts through front leg assembly keeping 1 washer outside and place 1 washer inside and tighten nut just snugly in place.
- Then line up the 2 back holes and place 3/8” x 3” bolt in place while keeping 1 washer outside and 1 washer inside.
- Then tighten the nut tightly in place and go and tighten all nuts tightly.
Your Rocking chair is now ready to use and enjoy!
If you have any questions regarding assembly, please call our toll free number 1-800-418-1433 or email email@example.com.