For your convenience, our Tete-a-Tete is shipped 80% pre-assembled and will arrive in 3 boxes. The following instructions will help you to easily complete the final assembly steps.
You will need the following tools to assemble your new Tete-a-Tete:
- Hex key (supplied in box 1)
- Screwdriver (supplied in box 1)
- 7/16" ratchet or wrench
- 1/2" ratchet or wrench
Carefully unpack your new Tete-a-Tete.
You will have partially assembled chair pieces and a complete set of stainless steel hardware with washers and nuts labelled and divided by steps they are used for.
- You will need a 4' x 8' area of clear space to assemble this chair.
- To protect your chair from scratches during assembly place a blanket or cardboard underneath it.
- Lay out the legs beside the seat as in photo 2A.
- Match A to A and B to B (put sticky washer on inside leg first).
- Leaving 1 washer on the 5/16" by 2½" bolt (the one with 2 washers), slip it through both holes and add the second washer and nut on the other side.
- You will need to hold the bolt with hex wrench to keep it from spinning while tightening the nut. Do not tighten it tight yet.
Please note: We recommend using the nut with nylon bushing attached throughout the assembly, if you are having difficulty with them you can use the extra 5/16" nuts included in your bolt package.
- The four arms are added next.
- Leaving the medium washer on the 5/16" by 2½" bolt, slip it through the inside of the post.
- Add the largest washer, then slip the arm on placing the last small washer and nut inside the grooved area.
- Be sure to line up Arm A with post A and B with B.
- You will need to hold the bolt with the hex key to keep it from spinning while tightening the nut. Because this nut is inset we recommend using a ½" socket.
- Place backs underneath the seat facing up.
- Attach the back by using the ¼" by 5½" lag screw.
- Leaving the small washer on the lag slip it inside the back of the arm from the outside, then place the 2 medium washers in between the arm and the back frame and screw into place. Screw snug, not tight.
- Lay the front decorative board across the two seats (they should be laying side by side).
- Make sure they are in order A, B, C, D with arrows. Match the letters and arrows.
- You will notice pre-drilled holes; line them up and screw the board down with the 2" screws (16 screws).
- Place the curved lower back brace underneath both backs and line up the pre-drilled holes ("A" with "A", "B" with "B"...).
- Screw down both backs to the lower back brace using 2" screws (28 screws).
- Place table top face down on top of the underside of the arm rests. Line up the pre-drilled holes and screw down using 1½" screws (10 screws).
- Flip the entire unit over so that the top of the center table is face up. Use care not to scratch up your new chair turning it over.
- Install rear leg brace (1" x 3" x 68") lining up the pre-drilled holes and screw down using 2" screws (12 screws).
- Match A with A, B with B….
- Place the two pieces in place, flat one side and curved on the other pieces, using 4 x 2½" screws and 2 x 1½".
- Then place center back back (1" x 1¾" x 67½") lining up the pre-drilled holes and screw down using 2½" screws (6 screws).
- Unfold chair and set upright. See folding instructions for details.
- If bolts are too tight it will be difficult to open. Just loosen nuts a bit.
Optional: Packed with your locking blocks there are two 2 ½" screws. They are used if you want to permanently lock down your chair.
- Install the 4 "Locking Blocks".
- Line up back so it rests against the last seat slat.
- Place the locking block in place and add a washer between the block and the leg then line up the pre-drilled hole. (Match locking block "A" with leg "A" etc…)
- Screw down using 3" screws (already in blocks). (1 screw per locking arm)
Important: Do not try to fold your chair if you decide to put the 2½" screws in.
- Set the bottom shelf in place (it will fit with the groove under the table) sliding in place on the frame below it.
- It is not screwed down, but just sits in place.
Your Tete-a-Tete is now ready to use and enjoy!
If you have any questions regarding assembly, please call our toll free number 1-800-418-1433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.